Click here to learn not only what resources are available to help pay for college, but also the basics of financial aid and the questions to consider before choosing a college.
What will I need to complete the FASFA?
To complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®), you will need:
- Your Social Security Number
- Your Alien Registration Number (if you are not a U.S. citizen)
- Your federal income tax returns, W-2s, and other records of money earned. (Note: You may be able to transfer your federal tax return information into your FAFSA using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool.)
- Bank statements and records of investments (if applicable)
- Records of untaxed income (if applicable)
- An FSA ID to sign electronically.
If you are a dependent student, then you will also need most of the above information for your parent(s).